About UFP Technologies:
UFP Technologies is an innovative designer and custom manufacturer of components, subassemblies, products, and packaging primarily for the medical market. Utilizing highly specialized foams, films and plastics, UFP converts raw materials through laminating, molding, radio frequency welding, and fabricating techniques. The Company is diversified by also providing highly engineered solutions to customers in the aerospace & defense, automotive, consumer, electronics and industrial markets.
UFP Technologies offers a competitive benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401K with a matching contribution, paid time off, paid holidays, employee discounts and much more!
Position Location: Clinton, IA
- 2nd Shift: 2:30PM - 11:00PM
Team Leaders are working operators responsible for overseeing operators assigned to a production team or work cell and to ensure that production rates and quality standards are met, and delivery commitments are made. Additional responsibilities include assuring compliance to policies governing the completion of documentation and safety practices within the team, as well as overseeing training and development and initiating continuous improvement activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as an active cell production member who understands all machine functions in assigned area to ensure productivity and quality.
- Trains and mentors team members on specific job responsibilities in the work cell.
- Communicates with other shift team leaders and management concerning issues within the cell that may impact production and/or quality, maintains visual boards, charts, graphs, and scrap.
- Maintains highest level of quality on parts and when processes are out of tolerance, notifies proper personnel to bring process in line with required specifications.
- Performs 1st off inspection (as program dictates), uses quality reports and supervisory feedback to increase productivity and quality.
- Collects and records dimensional data (as program dictates).
- Troubleshoots and solves product problems resulting from machine operation and set-up.
- Completes production/scrap reports and other paperwork assigned. Visually reviews parts for non-conformity.
- Maintains production schedule.
- Ensures actual practice matches documented work instructions and notifies appropriate personnel when discrepancies exist.
- Packs parts, labels containers (WIP, partial, non-conforming, finished goods).
- Keeps area clean and organized by performing daily maintenance and housekeeping.
- Performs as back up to the production operator position.
- Performs rework operations as needed.
Education / Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED with equivalent experience and strong mechanical aptitude; advanced degree is preferred.
- General manufacturing skills, blue-print reading, advanced math skills and use of standard and metric measuring equipment and basic computer skills.
- Prior experience leading people required.
- Knowledge of 5s, single piece flow, kaizen, team building, and manufacturing wastes is a plus.
- Proficient computer skills needed.
Click to apply here!
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.