About UFP Technologies:
UFP Technologies is a producer of innovative custom-engineered components, products, and specialty packaging. Using foams, plastics, composites, and natural fiber materials, we design and manufacture a vast range of solutions primarily for the medical, automotive, aerospace & defense, electronics, consumer, and industrial markets. Our team acts as an extension of customers’ in-house research, engineering and manufacturing groups, working closely with them to solve their most complex product and packaging challenges. For our customers, innovation takes many shapes. But each solution is shaped by a level of design, materials and process expertise that is unique to UFP Technologies.
Position Location: Clinton, IA
Our work schedule is a rotating 48/36 workweek, we have the following shifts available:
Shift 1 Week 1: 5AM – 5PM, Monday through Wednesday = 36-hour workweek
Shift 1 Week 2: 5AM – 5PM, Monday through Thursday = 48-hour workweek
Shift 4 Week 1: 5PM – 5AM, Friday through Sunday = 36-hour workweek
Shift 4 Week 2: 5PM - 5AM, Thursday through Sunday = 48-hour workweek
We do require mandatory overtime as business needs dictate.
Starting pay based on experience and shift: Pay range is between $20.00 - $23.00
As a Working Team Lead, the position requires the ability to stand, walk, climb and/or sit. The candidate would be responsible for overseeing all reporting positions and ensuring that production rates and quality standards are met. The candidate in this position is also backup for the following positions: Operator, Pulper, Material Handler, Packer. This candidate will also be required to be Forklift & First Aid certified through our company programs. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to assuring compliance to policies, documentation and safety practices within the team, overseeing training and development and initiating continuous improvement activities. Previous supervisory experience required, must work well in a team environment and possess strong communication skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assigns work, monitor quality and productivity.
- Works with other shifts and departments to support customer delivery requirements.
- Performs set-up and operation of all UFP machinery he/she has been trained to operate.
- Monitors machine operations while maintaining quality.
- Troubleshoots and correct operational problems as they occur.
- Understands production order, label making, and travelers.
- Oversees daily operations of production line(s) to ensure timely completion of product schedules and maintenance of quality.
- Works under general supervision from the Manufacturing Manager, supervises the training and work of the team (Machine Operators, Pulpers, Packers and Pressers).
- Refers any decision on tooling or schedule changes to the Manufacturing Manager.
- Assists in production / replaces absent workers when production needs dictate.
Education / Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent experience and strong mechanical aptitude.
- Minimum 1-year experience in a Supervisor role.
- Ability to read a tape measure.
UFP Technologies, Inc. offers a full benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401K with a matching contribution, profit sharing, paid time off, paid holidays, employee discounts and much more.
Click to apply here!
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.