Melamine foam is a lightweight material ideal for components that require high temperature thermal insulation and sound absorption. UFP Technologies is one of the few companies in the world that has direct access to Basotect® (melamine), manufactured in Germany by BASF.
Its adoption as a thermal insulation and sound absorption material continues to grow in United States due to:
- Its proven track-record through its use in European automotive manufacturing.
- Cleanliness over competitive materials, such as fiberglass.
- Ability to withstand high temperatures over other commonly used materials (PET fibers, urethanes, fiberglass).
- Its acoustic dampening properties to provide a quieter ride.
- As an extremely lightweight material, melamine can help your efforts in improving gas mileage to meet CAFE Standards.
We have the ability to combine melamine foam with other materials to design and manufacture unique components that will not absorb oil or water including:
- Engine covers
- Sun visors
- Transmission tunnels
- Hood liners
Basotect® is a registered trademark of BASF SE