T-Tubes® Cleanroom Insulation For the Semiconductor Industry
Originally developed for use within biopharmaceutical clean rooms, T-Tubes have been adopted as a preferred insulation for the semiconductor industry. T-Tubes offers the following benefits for the semicon industry:
- Process Temperature Integrity: The temperature of gasses and liquids traveling through process lines during the manufacturing of wafers cannot fluctuate as it would produce a defective product. Process lines wrapped within T-Tubes maintain a consistent temperature.
- Condensation Prevention: With a low profile and tight fit around process lines, T-Tubes will prevent the occurrence of condensation between the piping and insulation.
- Personnel Protection: Safety within a manufacturing environment in paramount. Even with a profile of only a quarter inch, T-Tubes are able to significantly reduce the surface temperature of process lines up to 320⁰F/160⁰C to surpass standard OSHA regulations for manufacturing safety.
- Energy Conservation: Liquids and gasses flowing through process lines during a manufacturing process can be extremely hot. Maintaining high temperatures throughout process lines that are not insulated is an expensive task and a waste of energy. T-Tubes provide insulation to the process lines which will reduce the amount of energy required to maintain desired temperatures.
Features and benefits of T-Tubes clean room insulation:
- Save Time: T-Tubes insulation is fast and easy with custom molded fittings and an overlapping self-adhering tape. The closed-cell material allows for cutting and installing in live cleanroom environments.
- Save Space: With a wall thickness of 1/4″ (6.35 mm), T-Tubes save space and allow for insulation of areas that cannot be covered by existing methods.
- Cut Costs: You can expect your T-Tubes insulation system to minimize labor time and increase energy efficiency, resulting in reduced labor and energy costs.
- Maintain Cleanliness: Made with high-purity Kynar PVDF resin, T-Tubes are USP Class VI grade.
- Ensure Safety: T-Tubes have a temperature range of -80°C to 160°C to accommodate both hot and cold lines. They possess excellent moisture, chemical and UV resistance along with low smoke, flame and toxicity properties. T-Tubes scored a 5/5 (smoke/flame) on the ASTM E84 Test for Surface Burning Materials, far surpassing the qualifications of 25/50 required of cleanroom environments.
For additional information on T-Tubes:
T-Tubes® is a registered trademark of UFP Technologies, Inc.
Kynar® is a registered trademark of Arkema, Inc.